Error: Upgrade from 3.1.2-1 to 3.2.1-1

Hi @asmecher;

I tried the OJS 3.2.1-2 to installed to our CPANEL and checking if the email_templates_data table is inside of the database when I find out no Table like email_templates_data. Please check the image below:

OJS 3.2.1-2: Screenshot_29 no Table email_templates_data found. but, when I tried to Upgrade. here is the result.

Upgrade result:

Screenshot_31


The situation on our publication website: when I double-check the database, the email_templates_data isn’t there see the image below:

Screenshot_30

but, I tried to Upgrade with a full package of OJS 3.2.1-1 from our site the result see below.

Screenshot_32

Errors occurred during installation:

  • A database error has occurred: Table ‘dbname.email_templates_data’ doesn’t exist

I don’t know what is the problem with this.

I need HELP for this,

Thank you for the response,
Darryl Nuyda

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

I think you’re comparing two different starting versions, which will have different upgrade steps and different expectations for database tables to exist or not.

If your production database is OJS 3.1.2-1, there should definitely be a email_templates_data table in it. If there is not, then it’s likely that someone has already attempted an upgrade to 3.2.x but failed. If that has happened, you’ll need to restore your 3.1.2-1 database from backup (so that an email_templates_data table is present) before trying again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher;

I will try again, thanks for the explanation.

and I check the System Information of our OJS.

OJS--11 maybe I will start here.

Thanks for the response.

Darryl Nuyda

Hi @asmecher,

Here is my discovery from OJS-3.0.2, I saw the email_templates_data and dumping and insert it into the database of our publication. When I tried to I encounter this error.

Screenshot_42

and deleted to the email_templates_data table the ‘email_id’. and then re-run again, I encountered this error:

Screenshot_43.

Thanks for the response,

Darryl Nuyda

Hi @asmecher;

I got this error in the latest upgrade, can’t proceed:
Screenshot_44

I double-check these updates on dbscripts!

CREATE TABLE temp_authors AS SELECT * FROM authors CREATE INDEX temp_authors_s_id ON temp_authors (submission_id) CREATE INDEX temp_authors_a_s_id ON temp_authors (author_id, submission_id) CREATE TABLE temp_submissions AS SELECT * FROM submissions CREATE INDEX temp_submissions_s_id ON temp_submissions (submission_id) CREATE TABLE temp_submission_galleys AS SELECT * FROM submission_galleys CREATE INDEX temp_submission_galleys_s_id ON temp_submission_galleys (submission_id) CREATE TABLE temp_published_submissions AS SELECT * FROM published_submissions CREATE INDEX temp_published_submissions_s_id ON temp_published_submissions (submission_id) CREATE TABLE temp_citations AS SELECT * FROM citations CREATE INDEX temp_citations_s_id ON temp_citations (submission_id) CREATE INDEX temp_citations_c_s_id ON temp_citations (citation_id, submission_id) * dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.2.0_preupdate_versioning.xml CREATE TABLE temp_last_activity_submissions AS SELECT * FROM submissions

dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.2.0_preupdate_last_activity.xml

ALTER TABLE email_templates_data ADD email_id BIGINT
ALTER TABLE email_templates ADD context_id BIGINT
I commented this two cause always say Duplicate 0-01 and already exist!

  • dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.2.0_preupdate_email_templates.xml

When I re-run the Upgrade the error that showed up is tem_authors is already exists.

Thanks for the response
Darryl Nuyda

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

It really sounds like you’re trying to recover a 3.1.2-1 database that was already partially upgraded to 3.2.1-x, i.e. the upgrade failed and was never restored from backup. Do you know what step of the upgrade failed during the first time the upgrade was executed?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher;

As I remembered encounter when I tried to Upgrade from 3.0.2.0 version to 3.1.2.1 beta version, I encounter error there s.y 2019, but the upgrade continues and to successfully upgraded with some errors, but I did not mind on that, on the part Upgrading was successfully and Now here is the problem, they can not proceed to upgrade due to the incorrect upgrade.

My processing of Upgrade is a Full Package. (public, config.inc.php, and files folder remain) the rest of the files will replace the new master/patch.

Can You help me with how to solve this?

Thanks for the response
Darryl

Hi @asmecher;

Thanks for the response,
Darryl M Nuyda

Hi @Darryl_Nuyda,

I’m afraid you’re in the same situation as this thread describes: DB Error: Unknown column 'primary_contact' in 'where clause - #15 by asmecher

I can’t walk you through this in detail – it’s time-consuming to fix remotely and I don’t know much about your database. I’d suggest getting familiar with the dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml upgrade descriptor and working through it step by step.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher,

Due to this Error, All Plugins can not fully function, for Example in the import/export area in tools.

I Hope is everyone knows this problem.

Thanks for the Response;

Darryl M. Nuyda

1 Like