Error 500 in transfer of OJS to another hosting "SQLSTATE[HY000] [1130] Host '127.0.0.1' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

I see your triple-post for help. Please don’t do this. Filling the forum with your request is a bad practice in this community. Remember you are getting help for free from a user like you that don’t have any obligation to help, so be patient or contract paid services.

If you feel we are not moving as fast as you expect please make detailed (but brif) reports/information and been systematic with the changes… At this momment I feel some of your changes are kind of random (and not reverted) and relevant stuff is missing in your feedback. As an example, in your last post you explain:

“it is not possible to log into the OJS site backed in any way.”

Is this happening since the beginning? When it started to fail?
It’s not the same “all works except archive page” than “I can’t login and reach the backend, and archive page fails”.

Said that, please read my posts carefully and follow the instructions. Otherwise I won’t be able to understand what is happening and I won’t be able to help you.

About your answers to my questions, let’s keep a conversation sorted (and brief) to understand well each point.

1. Did you clear client cache? [closed]

Ojsmk3: Yes.

Marc: Perfect. Thanks.

2. Did you clear your server’s cache?

O: No. I can’t login in backend.

M: This is really relevant. When it started to happens?

3. Did you ensure your DB credentials asking your hosting company?

O: The credentials of the DB I have chosen by myself.

M: Ok… you can not invent the credentials by your own. You need to be completely sure or we will be losing our time here trying random stuff. This is really important before we move forward.

4. Did you confirm those DB credentials are right with adminer?

O: “The administrator of the yes is me”

M: I don’t understand what you are trying to say here. Not talking about administrator user. Adminer is a program that you need to upload to your sever to check your DB credentials. If you don’t know you could contact your hosting company and ensure those DB credentials (It means, you need a message from your hosting support telling you your DB host, DB user, DB password and (if applies) DB port because “localhost” looks like a wrong reference to your db host).
Let me be clear with this because this is important: This is the information that Henrique and I are asking you since the first post. No hard feeling here, it’s only that information is basic to advance and if don’t ensure this information I won’t be able to follow helping you.

5. Did you upgrade your php version to (at least) 7.2? (I recommend 7.3)

O: I cannot raise the PHP version to 7.2 because otherwise the errors increase and become like the ones I brought at the beginning of this thread. Instead using at most, version 7.0.33 remains a single one-line error, which I report for the second time here:

M: OJS 3.2 is able to run over php 7.2 and 7.3. Less errors in log is not necessarily better news and you like to make your site running with recent php versions… otherwise we are spending time in running it in old versions to deal with a php upgrade further. Please rise to 7.3 and upload your error log to pastebin.

1. Did you upgrade to last 3.2 stable? (aka. 3.2.1-4 + security patch)

M: I suspect you didn’t. Let’s sort things a little before we try the upgrade.

About your config.inc.php, it looks wrong to me:

base_url = "https://www.my-subdomain.my-website.xyz/"

It need to be your real base domain name, that I suspect is:

base_url = "https://realdomain.com"

As is documented over the line you modify, this is “The canonical URL to the OJS installation (excluding the trailing slash)”.

Please, make the change, clear cache and let’s see what happens.

So, in short (and by order of importance):

1. ENSURE your DB credentials.
  2. Modify your config.inc.ini as explained and post your log error.
  3. Upload your php to 7.2 (or better 7.3).
  4. Keep talking sorted (and been sintetic) question by question.

Cheers,
m.