Email verification link generates error

Email verification link sent to the registered email when clicked results into HTTP ERROR 500

OJS 3.3.0.8

Screenshot: https://screenrec.com/share/vVfezrW1QL

1 Like

Hello @PaulS,

Are you able to check your PHP error log for any relevant error messages that might be occurring related to trying to access the site via this link?

-Roger
PKP Team

Yes, this is the last line: …/lib/pkp/pages/user/RegistrationHandler.inc.php:138

Thank you - not sure what this pertains to - is there a error message that accompanies it that says what the error might be? Usually, the error messages give more details.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

Thanks for your reply. The screenshot I sent is the error message. One of the reasons I can’t further investigate. What might cause this issue? Error below:

This page isn’t working

connect.academics.education is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Hello @PaulS,

The message displayed in the browser is not very helpful in determining what is causing this issue. Instead, you should check your PHP error log. Please see here for a more detailed explanation of how to do so: How do I find my PHP error log?

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

hi @rcgillis please recent error log below:

Stack trace:
#0 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): RegistrationHandler->activateUser(Array, Object(Request))
#1 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(246): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#2 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
thrown in /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/pages/user/RegistrationHandler.inc.php on line 138
[12-Mar-2022 23:11:07 America/Boise] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[12-Mar-2022 23:21:45 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Non-static method AccessKeyManager::generateKeyHash() cannot be called statically in /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/pages/user/RegistrationHandler.inc.php:138
Stack trace:
#0 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): RegistrationHandler->activateUser(Array, Object(Request))
#1 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(246): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#2 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
thrown in /home3/tesollic/public_html/connect/lib/pkp/pages/user/RegistrationHandler.inc.php on line 138
[12-Mar-2022 23:29:36 America/Boise] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[13-Mar-2022 01:26:41 America/Boise] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[13-Mar-2022 11:35:38 America/Boise] ojs2: 404 Not Found

@rcgillis by the way, my PHP version is 8.0.16

Please provide a solution for this…??

Hi @PaulS,

Thank you for this additional information. I will see if one of our team members can look at this when they are available.

-Roger
PKP Team