Email sender address is wrong - OJS 2.4.6

Hi @griffith,

I think you’ll probably need to maintain this as a local modification on your system – but when it comes to OJS 3.0 (which we’re hacking on very actively, for release next year), I’d be interested in integrating a change like this into the official codebase. Do you have any PHP resources over there? If so, I can probably suggest where to get started.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I use 2.4.6.
Does your response mean using setReplyTo(desired_address) would be enough that when the recipient hits Reply, the response goes to the desired address?
Based on https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13149#p52719 I used setFrom(desired_address) also (besides reply-to). The Sender in the email log it “not applicable” now. I guess the latter may work for an older version and setFrom is not needed. Is that right?

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

This is somewhat in flux as we’re implementing some improvements to email sending per this Github issue. I’d suggest watching that thread for news; we’ll be releasing OJS 2.4.8-1 shortly after it’s completed with the changes included.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I changed the principal contact email specified in Journal Setup 1.2 . But the from field of outgoing emails still shows the old email address. Is there any other way to change this ? I am using OJS 2.4.8.2.

Regards