Customize Native Child Theme in Ojs 3

Thanks @eddhie for ur sharing,
About the sidebar, I mean how to make underlined heading with orange color, ABOUT JOURNAL.
Thanks

Hi @eddhie,

It looks like you resolved it. I’d encourage you to seek out a CSS-only solution so that you don’t have to edit the files themselves. I can’t provide the full solution, but the key is to remove the styles attached to the :before. The following code should remove the line between the left and right announcements:

.pkp_page_index .cmp_announcements > .obj_announcement_summary:before, 
.pkp_page_index .cmp_announcements > .more:before {
    border: none;
}

But it looks you may only want to display a single announcement. When you get more announcements, you will probably need to adjust the floated values of the .more div as well.

@kawahyu, if you’re using the Manuscript child theme, you can get a block element to use that style by formatting the block like this:

<div class="pkp_block">
  <div class="content">
    <div class="title">My title</div>
  </div>
</div>

The theme should automatically apply that style to the .title element.

2 Likes

Hi @NateWr,

Thank you for your help, It works perfectly

@kawahyu, Sorry for misunderstanding, already explained perfectly by NateWr

Many thanks

How to get the user color to black? I have uploaded a .css file making the entire background as white. But the user font color was also white and hence it is not showing up. Could you please tell me the code for it.

This looks resolve to me:

Is that the case for you?

I deleted the .css file since i was not able to get the user colored to black. Could you tell me where should i change the code? I treid doing it in the header.less file, but then the color of the fonts in buttons also changed.

I’m not clear on what you mean by getting “the user color to black”. Perhaps you want to add a custom CSS with a declaration like:

.pkp_structure_head { background-color: #000000; }

?

What changes have you tried?

Yes. I had changed the color of the head to white. Now the user button has a font which is white in color. So when i set the background color to white, the user couldnt been seen only(both white in color). After a while, i think the ojs must have realised that the color is now white, so it did change the font color to blue. But the button background is also blue, so now i cant see the button font.

So i need 2 things. How to change the color of the buttons and font color of the header. Or else can i change the font color of the button of the header only?

You’ll want to target your CSS changes with specific classes and ids.

If you describe what specific changes you have tried, we can help to guide you.

If you mean changing the backend view for users, this is managed differently than changing the frontend view. See this post on the other thread:

1 Like

Is there any way by which we can hide the right sidebar /blocks while viewing the abstract page specifically?

Hi @varshilmehta,

I think this is the same question you posted on another thread. Please post each question just once – otherwise the forum will get cluttered.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

i tried. How ever I am not able to decompress/unzip the OJS file on the server. The limitation is 9 mb. Is there any other way to decompress the files?

Hi @varshilmehta,

I’m not sure I’m following – what did you try, and for what purpose?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

How to remove this space above the header? Thanks

Can you post a link to the journal where you’d like to change this?

See also cross-posting here:

Please only post your question in one topic, otherwise we end up duplicating our time answering both.

Hi @NateWr
Sorry for asking again about customizing footer.

First, I want to put the brand content to the bottom-center, so I can add any information to the left side.
I tried this code,

.pkp_brand_footer {
float:bottom;
position; center;
width: 30%;
padding-bottom:10px;
padding-top: 50px;

But it puts the brand content to the bottom-left under left footer content.
Second, how I add another footer content to be placed in the left side?

Thanks a lot

@kawahyu can you please open a new topic for your question? It’s hard to keep track of all of these questions in one topic. Feel free to tag me, @NateWr, in your new topic so I can see it.

(ps - your CSS looks malformed. Provide a link to your journal in your topic so I can take a look.)