Create Maps Author Diversity

Describe the problem you would like to solve
For greater equity, diversity and transparency some regional regulations (ie: EU) require a more clear description of the gender/country distribution for the journal’s stuff. Editors and readers could be also interested in this information.

Describe the solution you’d like
A distribution map and a graph of the number of genders could be included as a sidebar plugin or attached in the statistics page of each journal.

Who is asking for this feature?
Editors, Authors, Reviewers, Auditors, etc.

Additional information
This screenshot helps to visualize the proposal:
Screenshot_9

Hi @mcahyoko,

We have a particular format that we are trying to follow for feature requests: could you please re-format it according to the provided template? You can see an example of the template in use here: Automatic certificate for reviewers and authors (please use the headings and respond to the questions)

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Question
I want to get data from the distribution in each country in each journal
I want to get gender diversity in every journal

Answer
The solution is to add a view author feature based on location along with a map
The solution is to add a view author feature based on gender

User
journal editor, journal administration, author
journal editor, journal administration, author

@mcahyoko what Roger is telling you is that you need to reEdit your first post following the forum template.

If all petition follow same structure we hope it will facilitate the understanding of your petition and at same time, will ensure no relevant info is missing.

The template is this:

Describe the problem you would like to solve
Example: Our editors need a way to […]

Describe the solution you’d like
Tell us how you would like this problem to be solved.

Who is asking for this feature?
Tell us what kind of users are requesting this feature. Example: Journal Editors, Journal Administrators, Technical Support, Authors, Reviewers, etc.

Additional information
Add any other information or screenshots about the feature request here.

Said that… I also need to explain that I like a lot your petition, that by the way is very align with new EU rules and indicators for journals.

Your mockup is very clear to me and denotes that a new “gender” field need to be associated with users.

I would suggest extending your “feature request” with two elements:

• Include 3 separate sections: Editors (board members), Reviewers and Authors.
  • Let editors decide if they want to make any of this sections public or private (ie: show board, but hide Reviewers and Autor’s graphics).

Please, don’t forget to “make up” the FR with the forum template to promote your petition.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
m.

1 Like

thank you information, here’s our explanation

Problem
our editor needed a way to find out the gender count and country distribution

the solution
display a distribution map and a graph of the number of genders

Those who request features
writers, reviewers and auditors

We really hope that there is this feature at least there is a plugin that supports this feature that can be displayed in the sidebar

Hi @mcahyoko, we mean you need to reEdit your very first post.
If it’s ok to you, I can do it in your behalf…

ok please if you feel it can be understood, thank you

1 Like

Sure but we are trying to normalize the feature request first posts so people could read them faster and decide if they like the proposal or not.

We use this post as an example.

I modified the first post in your behalf. ReEdit as you wish if something don’t fit your proposal.