Create a option to enroll a existing user

In ojs3 is not possible to add a existing user already enrolled in a journal to another.
Please, if possible, create a away to add without edit.
In big sites, like mine, are many journals and is not possible to site administrator be in charge of adding existing users.
Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira.

I second this.

This is turning into a big problem for us. We have a big portal hosting 42 journals now and it’s pretty commom that users are shared between them.

We have cases of authors with no roles on a given journal (legacy of OJS 2.x in which it was possible to register in a journal with no roles) and now that author is unable to submit a paper to said journal since they don’t have an Author role and the Journal Manager can’t use the “Enroll existing user” tool, since it’s not available.

Hi all,

In the Users list (Users & Roles > Users), expand the search options by clicking Search. Then try the checkbox labeled “Include users with no roles in this journal.”

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

After I find the user, how can I enroll it without edit?

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira.

Hi @Tarcisio_Pereira,

You would need to Edit.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I didn’t know about this in OJS 3. Thank you!

You would need to Edit.

On a second thought, this remains being a problem.

Say an Editor is no longer a journal editor, but remains being an Author and Reviewer for said journal.

On 2.x, one could simply remove the Editor role and the other roles would still remain.

On 3.x, if the user is shared to multiple journals (which happens in most cases), one can’t edit the profile (unless they are the Administrator).

The alternative would be to use the “Remove” option, but that would remove the person altogether from the journal, including the other roles that should stay (Author and Reviewer).

Hi @asmecher

That’s my problem, the need to edit.
If you could assign a role without editing the user, editors would be able to put users who participate in other journals into their own journals.
There are currently 190 journals in my installation.

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

1 Like

I second, third that.

Hi all,

This has been filed at Replace "Add User" with "Add New User" and "Add Existing User" on the users page · Issue #4959 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Any progress with this issue? This is a huge problem for systems with multiple journals