Configuration of article components

Hi all,

is there a way to configure article components such that some components are listed only in specific phases (e. g., Production) or dependent on the user role? We need a component for the final galleys which should not be presented to authors (during submission).

Thanks!

Armin

Hi @aguen,

I don’t think this level of granularity of control over article components yet exists. It is an interesting idea, though. There is some discussion about changing the way in which submission components are handled here: Add an option to make a submission component mandatory · Issue #6241 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - however, it is not exactly like your use case. I have flagged your post as a “Feature Request” and our developers will have a look and decide how feasible this might be to implement in future iterations of the software. Other community members may also wish to weigh in, if they’ve found any suitable workarounds for similar situations.

Best regards,

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @aguen, I haven’t heard this request before but it sounds interesting. In the meantime, you may be able to work around this by using the Discussions feature. You can open a discussion between all the production editors and attach files there. That will prevent authors from seeing them until you’re ready to create the galleys.

1 Like