Can't view submissions list after upgrade to v 3.1

Hi @mickbale

What I can suggest you is that you try ccess this URL https://ijpds.org/index.php/ijpds/api/v1/_submissions directly from your browser (while being logged into OJS) and then check the logs to verify what is being recorded.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

@mickbale, have you found a fix for this?

I’m also getting a similar error, which I screencaptured.
https://www.useloom.com/share/d65a9d45130d40f48ca3884b9d65b019

The first tab is on OJS3.1, the second tab is on OJS3.0 pre-update. OJS3.1 throws a few errors to console whereas OJS3.0 loads the Tasks > Submissions > Unassigned/All Active without error.

Hi @wilsonw,

I’m afraid that screencap service is not working for me. Can you post it another way?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No this still hasn’t been resolved, my IT department is a bit snowed under with security patching at the moment, so this has had to wait. Hopefully solving how that one jquery resource is loading things from a different path despite restful urls being on will be the answer.

Hi @asmecher,

Here’s a screenshot. The screencapture was essentially the same thing. 11 PM

I’m thinking this follows along the same line of what @mickbale was describing.

Unfortunately, I’m also on the shared services of our IT department and fetching the apache logs is an absolute headache. I did find out that the shared server is running PHP5.4, which might account for some of the errors.

Alternatively, I’ve tried to replicate the issue on a fresh install on AWS using Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP5.6, and all seems well so far. Confirming with journal authors now.

Wilson

Hi @wilsonw,

Yes, running OJS on PHP5.4 would explain the problem. The submission list code requires PHP5.6, and running it on PHP5.4 will cause a PHP fatal error; Javascript is expecting a JSON response but it won’t get one, leading to various Javascript errors in the browser.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hey @asmecher finally got my tech team to solve the first errors I was getting, but now I’m getting the exact same error as @wilsonw which is still stopping the submission pages from loading. We’re already running PHP 5.6, which worked on the previous version we were running (v3) - any ideas?

My colleague managed to fix this for us - here’s a link to what he did if anyone else has this issue:

I have same problem on PHP 5.6.24

Hi @Taz,

There are lots of suggestions on this thread. If they don’t help, describe what you’ve tried and I’ll see if I can help debug further.

Regards,
Alec Smecher