Can't install Open Monograph Press

Hi, I’m having problems installing all versions of OMP.

When I installed omp version 3.1. this is what happens…

When I installed version 1.2…

version 1.1.1-1
1-1

version 1.1.1

version 1.1.0

version 1.0

version 1.0b
0b

What can I do to fix this? Can someone help me install it?

Thanks

Hi @shamae_507,

Use the latest release – I suspect you’re using PHP7, and earlier releases of OMP won’t work with PHP7.

When you try to install OMP and receive a 500 error, check your PHP error log to see whether it provides details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher , this is the error log

[30-Aug-2017 21:55:53 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456

Hi @shamae_507,

Use the MySQLi database driver rather than MySQL.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, I contacted Bluehost if they provide MySQLi database, but the one who assist me told me that they only support MySQL. what else can I do about it?

Thanks.

Hi @shamae_507,

MySQLi is the mechanism PHP uses to connect to MySQL. It’s not a separate kind of database. Your server’s PHP installation supports MySQLi for connecting to MySQL already.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh sorry @asmecher . I didn’t know. I’m not an IT person. Can you help me install omp?

Hi @shamae_507,

I can help as I’ve been doing here – if you can describe where you get stuck, I may be able to provide guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,

Thank you. I’d really appreciate you help.

Once I filled up all the needed information like admin account, database setting and then I clicked the install open monograph press it will load and give me a HTTP ERROR 500

Hi @shamae_507,

I removed the screenshot you posted – it included a password.

Have you checked your PHP error log? It’ll likely include more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,

Yes, here:

[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 370
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::isPost() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/form/validation/FormValidatorPost.inc.php on line 38
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 396
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; OAIConfig has a deprecated constructor in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAIStruct.inc.php on line 23
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; OAIResumptionToken has a deprecated constructor in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAIStruct.inc.php on line 95
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; OAIMetadataFormat has a deprecated constructor in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAIStruct.inc.php on line 126
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; OAISet has a deprecated constructor in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAIStruct.inc.php on line 178
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC::toXml(&$dataObject, $format = NULL) should be compatible with OAIMetadataFormat::toXml($record, $format = NULL) in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/dc/PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php on line 80
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Declaration of PayPalPlugin::displayPaymentSettingsForm(&$params, &$smarty) should be compatible with PKPPaymethodPlugin::displayPaymentSettingsForm(&$params, $smarty) in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php on line 348
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php on line 56
[01-Sep-2017 21:21:15 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home1/pnuonli1/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456

Thank you.

Hi @shamae_507,

That still suggests you chose MySQL on the installation form, not MySQLi. Are you sure you chose MySQLi?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher , I successfully installed it.

Thanks for the help!

hola @shamae_507, podrias por favor ayudarme, como solucionaste el error 500, yo estoy igual con ese error. muchas gracias