Cannot access Administration pages

Hi @rkhalikov,

Check your files_dir setting in confic.inc.php. If it’s something within your web root, it needs to be protected with a .htaccess file or equivalent.

It’s possible that your OJS was modified using some other method – e.g. if you’re on a shared server that’s using the mod_php SAPI, in which case another vulnerable application could’ve been used to add spam links to your OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
In won’t open a new topic unless otherwise recommended. If you refer to the first post in this thread, which I posted some time ago, I could not be able to use my menu items once logged in. I’ve come to this findings.
My OJS is hosted in an university. If I access from outside the university (which is my situation) I can loggin, but I face the situation stated in the first post. However, if I access via VPN to the university, I can loggin and work normally.
Now, if I loggout OJS, close the VPN session, and log into OJS again I can work normally.
Systems and Communications people at the uni are having a look at the issue.

Do you think that OJS could be storing some sort o token or something that enables me to work normally during some time after closing the VPN session.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards,
Juan

Hi @jascanio,

Try turning off the session_check_ip option in config.inc.php. I wonder if your connection is behind a proxy bank or something that’s changing your apparent IP address; a VPN would probably mask this from OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team