"browse by title" is not working

When I click on browse “by issue” and “by author” it works fine. But when clicking on browse “by title” there are no results. Can you tell me how to fix it?

Hi @la_vet,

What version of OJS are you using? Have you checked your PHP error log? Also check under Site Administration > Hosted Journals to ensure that your journal is marked Enabled.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi asmecher,

first, thx for your response.
I am using version 2.4.5.0. Unfortunately there is no role like Site Administration.
I haven’t checked PHP error log yet - how do I do it?

Hi @la_vet,

The error log’s location will depend on your server configuration, but generally if you have access via CPanel or similar there will be an area there to view it.

OJS 2.4.5 does have a Site Administration role; whoever installed OJS for you should have access to that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I managed to get access as Site Administration but the Journal is marked as enabled. So this cannot be the reason I guess.

Is there something else I could try to get the browse by title search run?

Hi @la_vet,

Please see if you can track down your error log.

Meanwhile, if the journal is public, could you share a link with me?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Temporary it is hard to get access to the error log - at least, it will take time…

In the meantime I tried to rebuild the search index which had no effect on the “browse by title” function. Also I cleaned titles in the article settings. I only can report that all articles and all titles are included in the database.

I would be grateful for more suggestions how to fix the problem.

As wished, here’s the link: http://www.ijrvet.net/index.php/IJRVET

Hi @la_vet,

In Journal Setup, step 5, can you verify that the “number of items per page” and “number of pages” are set to reasonable numbers?

If you’re handy with SQL, you can have a look at the query that’s responsible for generating the list:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you very much, indeed it is working now!!
The “number of items per page” was set to “0” before…

Thanx a lot!
kind regards

Hi:

But, what happens if I’m using the ver. 3.0.2 the browse by title don’t function?, this option is disabled in this version?

Hi @rafael.castillo,

That feature isn’t built into OJS 3.x at the moment, and I’m not sure we’re going to add it. Perhaps it would be a good theme concern. Can you describe a user need for this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

We are working right now, moving from version 2.4 to 3.0.2, then on the version 2.4 we have this option active.

For example: http://www.rchdt.uchile.cl/

regards