Bepress Import plugin issues/questions

Hi @emilycarlisle,

I’ve added support for the following:

1. article DOI
  2. article pages
  3. multi-locale article abstracts

For 3. please see Import abstract text in multiple locales · Issue #5 · mfelczak/bepress · GitHub for additional info re: syntax. Please feel free to comment on the respective github issues if you run into any problems.

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks @mfelczak. The volumes and issues were in the import path correctly, but I took a look at the metadata more closely and there were some weird characters in the title of the article that was failing. Once I fixed those, it imported without any errors!

Hi @mfelczak,

While working through this import with Kaitlin, it looks like none of our abstracts will import if they have

tags in the xml data. When we removed those tags, everything worked correctly. We were planning to remove all tags, but then realized that there are several multi-paragraph abstracts. To not have those paragraphs translate would be a shame. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Emily

Hi @emilycarlisle,

You should be able to import all tags provided that they’re escaped in your XML file, e.g.

<abstract>&lt;p&gt;First abstract paragraph &amp; more text ...&lt;/p&gt;</abstract>

Cheers,
Michael

Hello,
I need your help dear developer. Could you help me please show how to install and work with this plugin? It’s already the 3rd day I’m trying to install it on my OJS based site, unfortunately I can’t.

Hi @victor6336,

Could you post your question in a new forum post, please? This is an older thread, and you are dealing with a distinct issue that is different from that in this forum post. Please include the version number of OJS for your site in your new post.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

1 Like