Automatically order back issues

Describe the problem you would like to solve
When new issues of a journal are created and published, the newest issue is placed in the bottom of the list of back issues in the back-end end in the end/bottom on the “Archive”-page in the front-end.
Most journal editors and readers, I have contact to, prefer the newest issue to be shown in the top of the “Archive”-page, so you don’t have to go all the way to the last page/end of the page to find the newest issues.

Describe the solution you’d like
First of all, I would suggest that the newest published issue will be placed per default in the top of the list of back issues, when published, instead of the bottom as it is now.
Furthermore, I would really like a way of automatically ordering the issues, e.g. according to publication date or other metadata, if prefered by some editors. I have editors who are in the process of uploading more than 500 back issues, and the process of manually ordering all these issues, so they will appear in the correct order, is a painful waste of time, instead of just pushing a button or something similar, to get all the issues sorted according to publication date. There should both be an option for ascending and descending order, so every editor can chose what is most suitable for their journal.

Who is asking for this feature?
Journal editors and technical support

Additional information
We are using OJS 3.3.0.13.