Automated email: sending editor

Describe the problem you would like to solve
When automated review reminders are being sent, the sender is always the Principal Contact for the journal. This means that a) the reviewer is getting a chase email from someone who has not previously contacted them and b) if the reviewer replies to the email then the principal contact is contacted and not the editor assigned to the submission in question (who sent the original review invitation). This is causing confusion within the editorial teams and also the contacted reviewers.

Describe the solution you’d like
The automated review emails should be shown as from the editor who originally sent the invitations (including the reply-to address).

Who is asking for this feature?
Editors, Section Editors, Journal Managers and reviewers.

Additional information
We’re using OJS 3.3.0-14

Hi @TimW,

So far as I can tell, OJS doesn’t currently have the capacity to make emails come from other addresses other than the one in the primary contact settings. Were you intending your post as a feature request? If so
we are trying to make all first “Feature Request” posts follow same structure. We hope this will make it easier to understand the requests and, at the same time, ensure that no relevant information is missing.

Could you please edit your first post following this template?

Describe the problem you would like to solve
Example: Our editors need a way to […]

Describe the solution you’d like
Tell us how you would like this problem to be solved.

Who is asking for this feature?
Tell us what kind of users are requesting this feature. Example: Journal Editors, Journal Administrators, Technical Support, Authors, Reviewers, etc.

Additional information
Add any other information or screenshots about the feature request here.

You can use this post as a reference.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, that has been done. I think I wanted to check whether it wasn’t possible already before submitting the request, and got confused.

Hello. I’m posting on behalf of a journal editor who we support. They would like something similar: they would like the option to cc other editors in their correspondence with authors. Thank you!