Apply Bootstrap 3 Theme on OJS 3

Hi.

I tried bootstrap 3 theme on my OJS 3. But when I choose it and refresh my OJS, the theme didn’t work as well. Am I missing some steps to install Bootstrap 3 Theme.

I did this steps :

1. Upload zip file of bootstrap 3 to this directory /plugins/themes/
  2. Extract the zip file
  3. Go to my OJS and enable the Bootstrap 3 Base Theme in Plugins Menu
  4. In Appearances Menu, I choose it and save.

Thanks. I hope I can get clearly information, so I can release my OJS soon.

Hi @Kresna_BIP,

Did you follow the installation instructions at GitHub - NateWr/bootstrap3: A community-built theme for OJS 3 that implements Bootstrap 3 components.?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher.

I already follow the instructions. I download the code and upload to my cpanel in this directory /plugins/themes.
Then I enabled the theme and choose it in Appearance menu. But when I refresh my website, the css can’t be loaded. This link http://e-jurnalmitramanajemen.com/index.php/jmm/$$$call$$$/page/page/css?name=bootstrap cant be load when I click it.

Hi @Kresna_BIP,

Which file did you download?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher I download from this link GitHub - NateWr/bootstrap3: A community-built theme for OJS 3 that implements Bootstrap 3 components.

Hi @Kresna_BIP,

Did you go to the Releases page, linked in the instructions?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @Kresna_BIP

The OJS3 release are compatible with Bootstrap as follows:

Bootstrap3 v1.0.2 is compatible with OJS 3.0.2.
Bootstrap3 v1.0.1 is compatible with OJS 3.0.1.
Bootstrap3 v1.0.0 is compatible with OJS 3.0.0.

I saw your OJS is 3.0.2, are you sure your Bootstrap version is the right one to this version?

EDIT
I saw now, you have the compatible version.

Israel

Hi @Kresna_BIP

I’ve just tested your link

http://e-jurnalmitramanajemen.com/index.php/jmm/$$$call$$$/page/page/css?name=bootstrap

And it really does not load, but if I try
http://e-jurnalmitramanajemen.com/index.php/jmm/$$$call$$$/page/page/css?name=stylesheet

That asset loads. So, could U just check file permission (read) of your bootstrap file/subfolder? As you told us you had upload on FTP, maybe just a chmod 755 and this issue might be fixed.

Israel

I download the bootstrap file also from the Releases page. and try the 1.0.2 version. But it just the same.

Should I change all the permission into 755 for my bootstrap file (include the file of styles and js) ?

Only for test purpose, change it and test it. If it works the issue concerns about a mask ftp upload.

Okay. Massive thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.

Hi @Kresna_BIP,

See my above question – if you didn’t download the plugin from the Releases link, per the instructions, you may well have downloaded the wrong file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh okay then. I will try to re-download and give it a try. And Thank you so much for the help @asmecher

Hi @alienmau,

I see you’ve also posted this question on another thread; please don’t double-post, as it clutters the forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher