Additional fields related to article

Many journals add fields to article as follows: paper submitted (date), paper reviewed (date) and paper accepted (date). My suggestion is that editors should be enabled in final stage to add those fields that will appear in article.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

OJS already has those dates as part of the metadata resulting from the workflow. Do you mean that the dates should be published with the article for readers to see?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,
Yes, readers should see that.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

It’s tough for us to come up with a set of information that suits all users, but this might be a useful thing to do in a theme. Tagging @NateWr in case he can add a few words about template overrides to accomplish this sort of thing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It is common here to publish that information in article and as a metadata. I noticed that in some other countries people do that as well.
please let me know if you will get some results with that.

Thanks in advance

@asmecher this sounds like the kind of thing which might be better solved when we explore that sidebars-for-article-layout concept.

@vvucic in the meantime, the template you’d want to override in your theme is /frontent/objects/article_details.tpl. However, I’m not sure if this data is part of the Article object that’s available to that template, or if you’d need to write some additional code to retrieve that data and make it available to the template.

My idea is that editor at the end of the editing process enter that information and that this will appear in metadata.

Thanks,