Add item in the OMP navigation menu

Hello,

I am using OMP 3.1.1.0 and would like to add menu items in the main navigation menu. Similar as in the demo OMP: http://langsci-press.org/index

Can you please let me know how to do it? I know how to do it on OJS 3, but the OMP doesn’t have such options under setting.

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

I’d suggest contacting LangSci Press directly for information. They’re also active on this forum (but might not see your post).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

@asmecher: The upcoming release of OJS/OMP 3.1.1 (btw, any guess about the release date?) is supposed to be “the first simultaneous release of both OJS and OMP applications”. Does that mean that the OMP will get the OJS functionality for the navigation menu modifications?

@carola : Do you have any idea how have you implemented the navigation menu on the LangSci Press?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

I expect OJS and OMP 3.1.1 to be released (at the same time) in the next week or two. It’ll have the menu customization tools that OJS already has.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

Great news, then the new OMP release will solve my problems! No problem to wait a little bit…

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

we replaced the template with a plugin. But the navigation menu tool is the much better option, it’s already part of the latest OJS version and it’s great.

best,
Carola