Abstract views, PDF views and Download Stats Made Public 😶

Hi @newone

No, if you are using Acron Plugin, you do not need that. – You would need that if you would use a Cron job to run the scheduled tasks.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hi @beghelli , can I use the codes for Open Monograph Press? Where should I put these?

Thank you.

Hi @shamae_507

In OMP 3.1, for example to add the counts where the download links for files are displayed, you would need to add in this file omp/downloadLink.tpl at omp-3_1_0-0 · pkp/omp · GitHub (e.g. at the end) something like this:
Downloaded {$downloadFile->getViews()} times
You can use the text you wish, but the number of the file downloads you will get with the function getViews().

Best,
Bozaan

thanks too. my husbend was looking for it without sucess for a long time :slight_smile:

Hi! Thank you @bozana. How about the no. of views per article? What text will I use to show the number of views per article?

Thank you.

Hi @shamae_507

Hmmm… Do you mean the total number (abstract views + file downloads)?
Do you mean OJS or OMP?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana. Good day!

The abstract views only in OMP. Thank you so much.

Hi @shamae_507

If you would like to display it somewhere on the book view page, you would need to edit this template: https://github.com/pkp/omp/blob/master/templates/frontend/objects/monograph_full.tpl
For example directly after the abstract text, i.e. here: https://github.com/pkp/omp/blob/master/templates/frontend/objects/monograph_full.tpl#L174
You could then for example add something like:
Abstract views: {$monograph->getViews()}
or
Abstract viewed {$monograph->getViews()} times
or…

If you would like to display it somewhere else, let me know…

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hello!

Is this still today for OJS (3.1.2-4) the right code to upload in the article.tpl file in order to show abstract views statistics on each article page?
I have tried to upload it, but still nothing appears on the site.
Instead, I am using the Usage statistics plugin and that works: it shows the graph with the number of Downloads.
Thank you very much and best regards,
Leonardo