Abstract views, PDF views and Download Stats Made Public 😶

Hello @otuya1,

It’s been a while since I am not working with OJS code base anymore, but looking at https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/templates/frontend/objects/article_details.tpl (the template file that actually it’s used to render part of the front end article page) I think the code should still work.

As I said originally, the code needs improvement if you think about the display, but the logic is correct.

The reason why you have no stats could be due to a problem while processing the stats. I think this entry is still relevant: My published file views or statistics reports shows no data. What do I do? in this case. You might want to check it out.

Also, I think OJS 3 is shipping with a built in stats visualization, with a nice graph, etc. You can activate that in the plugins management, generic, under the usage statistics plugin settings. I think that’s a better way to go than changing the code manually.

EDIT: I looked at the master branch, which is the most recent code. I should be looking at the OJS 3.0 stable branch, which better reflects the code of your version, but it doesn’t change the things I said. Just to clarify :wink:

Cheers,
Bruno

1 Like