2.4.8.2 to 3.1.0.1 Upgrade: Error in Submission

Hi @israel.cefrin,
Do you mean the content of the t_cache/ folder ?
Regards,

Yes. Or you can use Administration > Clear Cache templates.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi @israel.cefrin,

After clearing Cache templates still I have the error. My server is Apache Version 2.4.29.

Regards,

Hi Israel & co,

I have the same problem as described on the top. I have tried all things suggested in this topic. The PHP-version is 5.5.38, Apache version is 2.4.6 on a Linux server. Any new ideas?

ALSO when the error message is closed (3-4 times), and any of the options is clicked (Unassigned, All active, Archives), nothing appears.

EDIT: I got everything working by swithing connection & database charset to utf8 BUT simultaneuosly I lost all the special characters. We run our paper in English, but since the authors are around the world, and some of them from Scandinavia, their names often has those characters like ä, å, ö, ø, ü. Any suggestions?

BR

Tinde

hi @israel.cefrin ,

still I am struggling with the submission error pop-up.

• My journal acron in config.inc.php is corrert
  • localization settingsin config.inc.php is set accordingly
  • and my phpversion is 5.6
  • Apache Version 2.4.29

my error log is:

any recommendation to get rid of this problem ?

Regards,

Hi @zaratushtra

Is console log browser with same errors? Could you post it here?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin,

The console log browser is :

Regards,

Hi @zaratushtra

404 error code is related to objects not found. Please, double check if your URL API is workin (and not returning a 404 error). You may test it in URL:

http://YOUR_JOURNAL_DOMAIN/index.php/YOUR_JOURNAL_PATH/api/v1/

In case it returns an error (as it looks like), check your php error log and your webserver error log to debug it with such message guidance.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hi @israel.cefrin

http://YOUR_JOURNAL_DOMAIN/index.php/YOUR_JOURNAL_PATH/api/v1/ .

returns a 404 error as you said. and the error_log is :

I did not get any guidance from these error messages. Is this error_log what did you mean ?

Regards,

Hi @israel.cefrin

Unfortunately, I am still facing this annoying " Submission Error" problem. Do you think the new OJS release (OJS 3.1.1-2 ) could solve this problem ?

Regards,

Hi @zaratushtra,

It’s worth a try – and staying up-to-date is always recommended. However, I don’t recall any related issues. For what it’s worth, your deployment (PHP5.6/Apache) is standard, and shouldn’t present any problems.

Is it possible that files are missing from your installation or something? It might be worth trying a fresh install of the latest release in a different directory/database to see if it exhibits the same problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher