Vancouver Style References

Dear, I’m a new bee in OJS. I’m feeling some problem in editing citations and exporting them I’m using RegEx as citation extraction services. I’ve following problems when exporting the citations in Vancouver format.

1. Sometimes it gives three citations and write et al. following three citations?
  2. The journal names only have first letter of first word capital and remaining words starts with small fonts.
  3. The Vancouver style output does not show journal names in abbreviations.
  4. On generating Vancouver output, certain references (particularly from books) are omitted / deleted.

Hi @Suhail_Sarwar,

Are you using a third party plugin to generate Vancouver citations? You’d probably be best off contacting the author of that plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

No. I installed OJS and that is it. Did not add any plug in and even do not know how to do so.

Hi @Suhail_Sarwar,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am using OJS ver 2.4.6.0

Hi @Suhail_Sarwar,

The Vancouver citation output format plugin included in OJS 2.4.x is part of the Citation Markup Assistant, which we’re not maintaining. Instead, our current roadmap focuses on producing high-quality JATS XML using Open Typesetting Stack, which we will integrate with OJS 3.x. If you’d like to tweak that code, you’re welcome to experiment – see lib/pkp/plugins/citationOutput/vancouver/filter/*.tpl – but we won’t be investing time in it ourselves.

Regards,
Alec Smecher