Single Blind Review

Dear PKP Support,
We are using OJS 3.0.2. I am trying to remove the author name for an article under its “submission” tab under “Submission files”, but I have failed to locate the file where this is being done and being saved in the database. I’d appreciate if you could let us know which file do we need to change in order to have the author name hidden.

Hi @Pubrec,

If “testAuthor, Author, TestArticle.pdf” is where you want to change/remove the author name, just open the drop down menu in the file entry in Submission Files and Edit the name. I think this is what you ask. If it’s about the files itself, that’s another road.

Best Regards

You can’t just delete the Author; it would require to have minimum one Author as it is. We need to make sure that the Authors name is hidden from the reviewer. We need the location of the file to make this change.

Hi @Pubrec,

I don’t think you’re looking in the same place that @digitojs suggested. Did you try their instructions?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

The recommendation by @digitojs is correct for during submission. But we’re talking about after the submission has been completed by author? is there a way to completely remove the author name from the an article post submission?

Hi @Pubrec,

Ah, I see that the “Edit” option is missing from that grid. There’s a simple change you can apply to the code to get it to appear – see Editor cannot rename files in review files grid · Issue #2621 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. Either of the linked patches will work; they are equivalent but for different branches of the code. Apply either from the lib/pkp subdirectory. This will add an Edit action to the list of grid row actions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team