Problems with some labels when changing languages

Hello.

When I made the update to OJS 3.0.2, I notice that some of the labels were missing, and I thougt that part of the translation was incomplete, but then I notice that some labels weren’t there even when the file was ok.

I made a lot of tests, and now I think the problem is related with the language you set as locale when making the update:

• When I made the update, I set wrong the locale to English, and I have problems when I change the language to Spanish

• Then I made a copy of the backup of the old instalation to a local instalation and made an update, setting the locale to Spanish, now it works ok with Spanish, but I have problems when changing to English

I also notice that some of the data on the database were wrong in my local instalation, where the data is complete just for Spanish.

I can complete the data in that table and solve the problem, but I hope this helps to detect the problem in future releases.

Hi @DiegoG,

Did you upgrade from OJS 2.x directly to 3.0.2 or to another intermediate 3.x version? I think this might already be resolved in OJS 3.0.2: User group settings only installed for primary locale upon context creation · Issue #2184 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi
I did the upgrade from OJS 2.4.6 to 3.0.2

Hi @DiegoG,

Thanks for the details. I’ve reopened an earlier fix that seems to have been incomplete: User group settings only installed for primary locale upon context creation · Issue #2184 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

great! I hope this helps somehow

By the way, after I made the upgrade, I created a new journal, and it was ok with the language