OJS3 Navigation "About" href link should be disabled

Greetings,

I have noticed a problem with OJS3 front-end navigation menu. It contains 3 button “Current”, “Archives” and “About”. The “About” link is expandable on hover. The problem is that clicking on it reloads the page. So on mobile devices, where “hover” is not possible clicking on it first expands menu and then synchronously reloads page. As a result it is impossible to work with expandable menu.
I propose to add class to it and add in css (or less) pointer-events: none to disable this link. Do not know exactly will it disable the link or all actions with element. Or it may be done with javascript, or remove the code in php. Probably you know better :slight_smile: )

Greatings @asmecher,

I think the code {url router=$smarty.const.ROUTE_PAGE page=“about”} on line 36 in templates/frontend/components/primaryNavMenu.tpl is not necessary in case of dropdown menu? What do you think about it?

Thanks for reporting @Vitaliy. You’re right that we could just remove the URL in the top-level nav item. We didn’t always repeat the link to the about page in the sub-menu. That came about through user testing.

Still, I’d like to solve the problem in a more generic way as we’ll probably support custom navigation menu structures in the future. There isn’t (yet) wide enough browser support for pointer-events, but good thinking!

I’ve filed an issue on this that you can track here: