[OJS3.0.2] Customize OJS3

Hi Everybody!
I need to customize my OJS 3, i need help for understand how customize the .less files. Thanks for every help.

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

You can read about Less syntax e.g. on Wikipedia.

Note that the .less files will be recompiled only when the compiled version is missing – after changing any .less files, erase any .css files from your cache/ subdirectory to cause the stylesheets to be recompiled.

Rather than editing built-in .less files directly, consider creating a child theme or uploading a custom CSS file to override only the styles you want to change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, yes, it is exactly that i want to do, or learn to do it :grinning:
Searching into this forum, i found this guide very interesting for beginner PKP Theming Guide. About that, i wanted ask if exist child theme with i can work and make experiments?

Thanks

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Here’s an example child theme: https://github.com/NateWr/default-child

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec! I used child theme that you advised me and now i learned override “.tpl” files using the theme, but i have a question and hope that you can clarify me, if i would to overrided “.less” files like “.tpl” files, where i can find the right “.less” files? I hope that i explain well… :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance for support.

Bye
Tiziano

Hi Tiziano,

You don’t “override” .less files in the same way that you override .tpl files. However, you can add additional .less files to be compiled with the stylesheet, overriding individual variables and using CSS’s hierarchical selector rules to implement your styles.

Check out the Adding and Modifying Styles section of the Child Theme documentation for more information about how you extend the CSS styles.

You can see an example of this in the Manuscript child theme of the default theme, which adjusts the colors, fonts and styles of the default theme.