OJS 3.0.1 Users & Roles > Users not loading

On most of my journals, the User page loads after a few seconds. However, one journal, the User page returns this 500 error message after 4 minutes.

This is the call: $$$call$$$/grid/settings/user/user-grid/fetch-grid?oldUserId=0&_=1492733866834
Error message: Premature end of script headers: index.php

Hi @wilsonw,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

2 warnings and 1 max_execution_time error

The max_execution_time on the server is set to 150 seconds. I replicated on my local computer with the lower MAMP default of 30 seconds

PHP Warning: Division by zero in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/ArrayItemIterator.inc.php on line 134
PHP Warning: Division by zero in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/ArrayItemIterator.inc.php on line 134
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1870

Hi @wilsonw,

Under the “Website” section of setup, ensure that the numbers under “Lists” are valid.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

That fixed it. The numbers were 0/0. I set it to a non-zero number. Thank you!

Hi,
I face the same problem, but my “Lists” are already set to 25/25.
Is there anything else what I can do.
Best regards!

Hi @Vladanoid,

What version of OJS are you using? Have you checked your PHP error log as suggested above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,
My version is 3.0.2.0. I download the full package and migrate from 2.4.8.0.
In the error log I found only this:
[21-Aug-2017 23:23:25 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/reforest/public_html/REFOR/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 578
[21-Aug-2017 23:23:25 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/reforest/public_html/REFOR/plugins/generic/recommendByAuthor/RecommendByAuthorPlugin.inc.php on line 114
[21-Aug-2017 23:26:54 Europe/Belgrade] Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded
[21-Aug-2017 23:31:53 Europe/Belgrade] Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded
[21-Aug-2017 23:34:32 Europe/Belgrade] Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded

The last three lines are showed when I tried to get the Users list from the dashboard.

BR,
V

Hi @Vladanoid,

This suggests that there is some malformed UTF-8 in your database. Are you sure your character set/encoding settings are the same in your old and new config.inc.php files? Is it possible that during the upgrade process you inadvertently changed the database encoding somewhere?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I checked character set/encoding settings and they are the same in my old and new config.inc.php files. However, a simple change from “utf-8” to “utf8 (the same as my Server charset)” in the config.inc.php file solve the problem.

You are the best and thanks for help,

Vladanoid