Is there a way to enable/disable plugins without going through the dashboard?

Hello,

Is there a way to enable/disable plugins without going through the dashboard? There are some essential plugins that once disabled some functions become inaccessible so is there a config file I can manipulate?

Thanks.

See the plugin_settings table in the database.

As an example of the column values, consider this example of disabling a plugin:

2 Likes

I wish there was a warning note saying that some functions could become inacessible in the plugins section. I had to reinstall OJS and never thought about going to phpMyAdmin :slight_smile: but that’s good to know. Thank you!

What specifically did you disable that then prevented access to re-enable it?

I disabled TinyMCE. Stupid of me, I know.

What version of OJS are you using? In OJS 3.0.2, I just tried disabling TinyMCE, logging out, and logging back in; then reenabled TinyMCE, logged out and logged back in.

What prevented reenabling the plugin via the interface for you?

1 Like

I am using OJS 3.0.2. When I disabled TinyMCE, “Installed Plugins” and “Plugins Gallery” buttons had turned into hyperlinks and if I clicked on them nothing happened.

If you are able to replicate this consistently in a test installation, I’m sure we would be interested in learning more about the details. I’m not seeing the issue myself, but I may not be following your exact steps.