Adding participants problem

I get following error whenever I click on Add Participants button:
GET https://ifrnd.org/journal/index.php/jebs/$$$call$$$/grid/users/user-select/user-select-grid/fetch-grid?submissionId=1550&stageId=1&_=1488804610124 406 (Not Acceptable)

I checked for PHP error log and I got this:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /my_journal_path/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 76

May be related to this problem, I am also getting these warnings even after disabling “RecommendedbyAuthor” plugin
PHP Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /my_journal_path/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 578
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /my_journal_path/plugins/generic/recommendByAuthor/RecommendByAuthorPlugin.inc.php on line 114

Chrome
OJS 3.0.2
PHP 5.4.43

Hi @Muhammad_Tayyab,

I don’t think OJS ever generates a 406 Not Acceptable response, so I wonder if your server is running mod_security or something similar that’s mistakenly interpreting a valid request to OJS for a hack attempt or something. Check your server logs and see if you’re running any security tools like mod_security.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry for late reply… I have been constantly trying for several days to get rid of this issue… I tried following points:

• disabled mod_security
  • changing ojs config file for with and without www (because my domain is ifrnd.org, without www)
  • tried with and without forced SSL (I have SSL option on my domain)
  • tried some other options like option indexes in .htaccess

Nothing worked still getting same 406.

Hi @Muhammad_Tayyab,

OJS never generates a 406 response, so it must be coming from something else in your server stack. Thus I don’t think any OJS configuration changes are going to be effective – you’ll need to investigate further up the chain, e.g. your Apache configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

ok thanks @asmecher … i will try to dig into the issue as same installation is working fine on localhost… I am using cpanel (arvixe hosting) so I dont have much control over apache

Hi @Muhammad, any luck to this? I talked with online support on arvixe but, they told me that scripting and coding this is not in their scope of support.

yes, i also didnt get any help from arvixe… after so many tries i coudnt get rid of it… i had a copy of same ojs on my localhost, i searched for the code that is loaded on that window and in my actual site i replaced the dynamic request with that static code… i have a plan to make my code dynamic in future

Hi @rmrdlojs,

Did you check your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@Muhammad_Tayyab, I see. It’s great that you have made it work.

@asmecher, Aside from php strict errors i got this

[Sun May 21 13:49:20 2017] [error] [client 112.210.93.22] File does not exist: /home/name-of-my-root-folder/ojs.cnu.edu.ph/406.shtml, referer: http://ojs.hiive.ph/index.php/cnujhe/workflow/index/3/1

This error shows in the log after the action call add in participants which could be the missing link.

Hi @rmrdlojs,

OJS never generates a 406 error – it must be something else in your server stack. See e.g. this thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher