A database error has occurred: Access denied for user '********_ojs385'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Hi,
i tried updating my ojs to 2.4.8.1 using Softaculous. The installation proceeded smoothly like always but when i went to the main page after installation in Softaculous to upgrade the OJS, it gave me an error message saying:
Errors occurred during installation:

A database error has occurred: Access denied for user ‘*******_ojs385’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
I have already changed the password of the abovesaid database and updated it in Softaculous and tried reinstalling. but it is still giving same error. unfortunately, i couldn’t keep the backup of the database before upgrade due to space constrain on webhosting, So can’t delete the installation and install it fresh. Can somebody guide, what could be the reason?

Hi @Aakash_Arora,

You likely have to double-check the GRANT statement you’re using to provide access to the database. I would use something like this on my machine, but your mileage may vary:

GRANT ALL ON databasename.* TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

…replacing databasename , username, password, and potentially localhost as needed.

Note that it’s always a good idea to take a backup, even if you need to download it to your local machine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team