Wrong email notification

Hi, my scientific paper has a double-blind review. However, the OJS (3.3 version) keeps email some of the editorial boards’ team and then ruining all the blindness. I have researched a lot but nothing that I found has worked. And actually, does not make sense that an editorial board member with the same role as another receives the email and the other one does not.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

Hi @Giulia_Carvalhal,

Can you explain your situation a bit further? I’m not sure I understand. It’s possible that OJS was used incorrectly by the users in the system. It is up to the users to use the system responsibly in manner that respects anonymous reviews and to ensure that policies and practices are in place that respect anonymity. OJS does help facilitate anonymous review, but it must be used correctly. Users in the system with particular access may have not followed best practice in terms of anonymizing reviews.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hey, Roger! Thanks for your answer.

PHOTO-2021-05-20-10-54-47

In this image above you can see an email notification example that our editorial members are receiving. Only some of them are receiving these notifications, but the settings are the same for every editorial board member. This type of notification should only be seen by the editors (chief and associates).

Thanks for your support!

• Giulia

Hi @Giulia_Carvalhal,

Thanks for sharing. Typically, there is one specified contact, but I wonder if your other editorial board members are are receiving this notification because they are section editors? If you check Journal -Sections are those receiving the notifications noted as section editors for a given section? Or, are you able to verify what roles those receiving the messages have within the systems (e.g. are they Journal Managers, editors, etc.).

-Roger
PKP Team

Hey @rcgillis, thanks again for replying.

Every editorial member has the same following roles: journal editor, production editor, section editor, copyeditor, indexer, author, reviewer, and reader.

Thank you!
-Giulia

Hi @Giulia_Carvalhal,

One thing you could try is for a particular user, you could disable some of those roles and see if they still receive the email if you make a test submission. I doubt that those with copyeditor, indexer, author, or reviewer, and reader would receive those notifications, but those with the journal editor, production editor, and possibly section editor might. But, given that I can’t really see how your instances is configured, I can’t say for certain.

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.