Why so many bugs?

Regarding issue 1:

The solution @anupent pointed out is also mentioned by @asmecher here Registration emails not going - #4 by asmecher

Basically OJS does not seem to send a “wellcome” message for registered users. This is a feature and I guess that if you think this should be changed then I suggest posting a feature request.
OJS does send a message in two cases: 1) new user account is created by the editors 2) if the validation/confirmation message is enabled

Regarding issue 2:

The workflow PKP has probably thought of is as follows:

• In submission stage editor clicks Send to review, the submitted files are transferred to Review files listing and are used for the review process
  • Peer-review process begins, reviews are returned and editorial decision is made. Usually always some sort of revisions are requested from the author.
  • The author sends a revised version, which is shown in the Revisions listing
  • If the revisions are fine, the editor chooses Send to copyediting and the revised file is suggested to be sent to copyediting.

So, if you do not get a file to the copyediting stage, it is probably because you do not have a file in the Revisions listing in the review stage. Basically the only scenario where you would not have a revised file in the Revisions listing is a situation where no revisions are asked from the author. You can also bypass the review stage by choosing Send to copyediting already from Submission stage.

If for some reason you do not have a revised author version and want to proceed to copyediting stage from the review stage, then you can choose the other way of adding a file to the copyediting stage I mentioned above.

2 Likes