While installing OJS3.0.0 on my server i am getting the following error

PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBDataXMLParser.inc.php on line 54

[code: Installer Installer::createData]
ERROR: Installation failed: DB:

Please help me to solve this issue

Despite the minor version change, OJS 3.0.0 is actually quite outdated. Consider installing a more recent release of OJS 3.x (currently OJS 3.0.2).

That said, I would expect to see a bit more context to the error following “Installation failed: DB:”. If this error reoccurs in 3.0.2, can you describe your workflow leading up to the error and any specifics of the error message?

Hi

I am getting following errors after filling all the information:

HP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[Thu Nov 29 18:30:44 2018] PHP Warning: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0
[Thu Nov 29 18:30:44 2018] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect_error() in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php:777
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(82): ADODB_mysqli->ErrorMsg()
#1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(178): PKPInstall->preInstall()
#2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php(195): Installer->execute()
#3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php(67): InstallForm->execute()
#4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): InstallHandler->install(Array, Object(Request))
#5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(232): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#6 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#7 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(24 in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 777
[Thu Nov 29 18:30:44 2018] 127.0.0.1:50698 [500]: /index.php/index/install/install - Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect_error() in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php:777
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(82): ADODB_mysqli->ErrorMsg()
#1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(178): PKPInstall->preInstall()
#2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php(195): Installer->execute()
#3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php(67): InstallForm->execute()
#4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): InstallHandler->install(Array, Object(Request))
#5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(232): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#6 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#7 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(24 in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs-3/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 777

This message indicates that you do not have the “mysqli” library support within PHP. You can add that PHP module, or you can select a different database driver in the installation form. The installation form lists all supported drivers, even if your PHP configuration does not have that module installed. Unavailable drivers are noted as such in the installation form.