Where find support for new 3.0.2? Help welcome please :)

An new to OJS. Have several problems. Looks installed okay. Using 3.0.2 but

1. Masthead not saving basic changes eg bold or three lines instead of one.
  2. On the right column, items like font size, search box etc not loading. Only the For Readers, Authors etc
  3. How do I allocate DOIs?
  4. Where can I find a css stylesheet for me to play around with and how do I upload it?
    Many thanks anyone!

Hello,

1. Please make sure that when loading page you deleted cache from your browser or so so the browser loads page with changes.
  2. Please go to Settings/Website/Sidebar management and position plugins properly. There is no as far as I know font size box. Search box is on top right part of page.
  3. Go to Settings*/Website/plugins/ Public Identifiers and check Settings in DOI plugin and set it up
  4. Styling is done in .less and old css files are not I guess compatible with new version. However, you can experiment with your css code.

[quote=“vvucic, post:2, topic:30033”]
Please make sure that when loading page you deleted cache from your browser or so so the browser loads page with changes.

Answer:
I did this and have tried other gadgets and different browsers. I cannot save changes in some sections: masthead, author guidelines. For example, it won’t save paragraph spaces or text. The save button goes from black to grey and in the right bottom corner, the “work in action” icon turns for ever until I leave the tab. I am not making big changes.

Hi @gail,

Check your PHP error log; it likely contains details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks. Where will I find the php error log. I am not familiar with php but will have a look.

This will vary widely. Check with your System Administrator or Hosting Provider. They should be able to direct you to the appropriate log.

I don’t have support… But i did a quick search through the file manager on CPanel for error logs. Please can you spot the most likely candidates and advise what I am looking for? Thanks!

For a shared host, this certainly not exposed under “public_html” and may not be exposed in your home directory at all. In CPanel, it may be exposed in a separate widget. For example:

Your hosting provider’s support is your best source for this.