Where are Static Pages stored?

Before you post your question, check out the user guides and video tutorials at PKP Docs and search the forum to see if someone else had the same question.

When you post your question give as much detail as possible, including the following:

• Application Version - OJS 3.1.2

• Description of issue: The toolbar on the static page creation section gives access to limited tools. I cannot create a table, etc. I need to put down the raw html code to achieve this. I am wondering if OJS saves these pages somewhere and if I can replace those files once they are created with other better-designed pages?

• What you tried to resolve the issue: I have tried looking up the page, but I could not find it. I can see the page, but not the file holding its content.

Hi @ybshokouhi

the static pages plugin stores the page in the database. It isn’t stored out to disk in an easily accessible format.

Cheers
Jason

Thanks for your reply. Then I am assuming that the format of the pages cannot be edited much.

A few notes here:

• The Navigation Menu Item’s “Custom Page” is preferred to the Static Pages plugin in 3.x. The NMI will receive more development and support as time passes.
  • Both Static Pages and the Navigation Menu Item “Custom Page” will allow HTML for structuring, as allowed by your use of the allowed_html setting in config.inc.php.
  • For other formatting considerations, you will want to explore the broad options which custom CSS and custom themes provide you.