What is the diference between submission_id and article_id in ojs?

hello
i search about the difference between submission_id and article_id and this confused me more unfortunately for example in this link i see no difference : Include article-id and reviewer-id in emails? - how? - PKP Support
or in code: “$this->authorDao->deleteAuthorsByArticle($articleId);” and “function deleteAuthorsByArticle($submissionId)” means they are the same :confused:
please help me.
thx

Hi @mahsa_idasa,

submission_id and article_id are the same. We use both because OJS makes use of a shared library that’s also shared by other applications that aren’t specific to articles. (For example, OMP uses submission_id and monograph_id.)

We’re gradually standardizing on submission_id.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

thank you for your answer.
actually i have another problem i need to know in DataObject() , what is assocId and what id is?
i mean can i replace articleId variable with assocId and submissionId with id?
because i don’t have that fields here.

Hi @mahsa_idasa,

assoc_id and assoc_type are used sometimes as a mechanism to allow one entity to refer to another entity that may be one of several types. The assoc_type will be one of the ASSOC_TYPE_… constants defined in PHP, and the ID will be numeric.

This isn’t a feature that can be used indiscriminately. If you describe what you want to do I could perhaps be more specific.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team