What is the best way to update from 3.0.0.0 to 3.1.1.2

I was wondering if there are specific instructions for updating from 3.0 to 3.1.1.2? I’m running into issues with version 3.0 and was looking for a resource for updating. Thank you.

Any resources I can read up on about updating OJS 3.0.0 to 3.1.1.2? Hosting is defaulting to PHP 7.2 and OJS 3.0.0 won’t show up unless it is using PHP 5.6. Thanks.

What is specification of your server infrastructure (PHP, MYSQL) with OJS 3.0.0?

I believe they are running it on a shared hosting account with PHP version: 5.6.30, and MYSQL version: 5.6.39. I want to be able to update the site to the latest version of PHP 7.2 but OJS 3.0.0 goes blank when the PHP version is changed from 5.6. Is there specific instructions to update or a resource I can read. Thank you.

You can upgrade OJS with version of PHP 5.6.39. You can later on change version of PHP to 7.2.

Yes, I just need to find instructions on how to upgrade OJS 3.0.0 to 3.1.1.2.

Please search this forum, you can find instructions. I wrote about that and many others.

Thank you, I wouldn’t have asked if I could find something in the forums. I guess I’ll just try to figure it out.

If you want I can write a short list of steps for upgrade.

That would be amazing. Thank you.

Do you want firstly to do upgrade on local machine or on swerver? HOwever, backup of data , files and database is highly recommended.

The installation is on a server. I’ll backup everything before I do the update. Thanks.

My Video Tutorial may help You Bro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVdueqgTw5Q link may Help

Thank you. What version are you updating from in the video? I’m using version 3.0.0, so would the steps be the same?

Basically the steps are always the same, but in some circumstances some glitches may appear and one should be experienced to solve them.

I probably need to make a new post but and updated the question to “What is the best way to update from 3.0.0.0 to 3.1.2” I never found an answer to updating 3.0.0 and hoping I can update soon so I can run php 7+ on my hosting without getting a 500 error in OJS.

Hi @Pippin,

There’s documentation in the OJS download package in docs/UPGRADE.md. If you get stuck somewhere specific in those, post the details here and someone should be able to help you.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team