Version update to newest

• Application Version - OJS 3.1.2.4

• Description of issue
    I would like to know which version I should update so that I can go to the newest version 3.3? Can I upgrade directly?
    I have another question. How can I transfer all data from all journals to the new installation?
    We will create a new installation from scratch.

Hi @andersonvm,

You should be able to upgrade from 3.1.2.4 to OJS 3.3. Some considerations you might want to take into account, is having a look at the release notes for OJS 3.3: OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3 Release Notebook - OJS/OMP/OPS

Another point of note, is that if there are certain plugins that you rely on, they may not yet be available for OJS 3.3 (this is a work in progress - see here: OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3.0 plugin updates · Issue #6691 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub)

As for transferring data from journals, if you’re upgrading your instance of OJS, you shouldn’t need to create a new installation and transfer your data, if you’re upgrading properly. Please see upgrading instructions here: Managing the Server Environment

However, we don’t know the specifics of your hosting environment and advising on data migration might be outside of the scope of what we can assist with here on the forum.

-Roger
PKP staff