Validation_timeout

Hi,

the validation_timeout variable is described as

Maximum number of days before an unvalidated account expires and is deleted

The timeout function seems to work for me, but the accounts that are not validated in time are not deleted. Is this feature already implemented? Are there plans to implement it?

best,
Carola

@carola I agree that this doesn’t seem to work properly (prevents validation after X validation_timeout days, but does not remove non-validated accounts).

@asmecher Does this require a particular cron task to be run (or something similar)?
The comment in the config file says that when an unvalidated account expires… it is deleted.
I cannot seem to find where that occurs. :frowning:

I cannot seem to find any instances of validation_timeout in the code except here: pkp-lib/RegistrationForm.inc.php at a3d4022f0654c3d531ba79e46bdf140551d1c07c · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
… but that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with removing stale non-validated accounts.

pkp-lib/RegistrationHandler.inc.php at f713e47e211f05ba0f1fdd83f9c60de8677329ae · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub seems to have items related to the accessKey and determining if a registration can be validated… but it also doesn’t seem to have the stale non-validated account cleanup.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Hi all,

You’re correct, @AndrewGearhart – currently accounts that do not get validated before the expiry hang around. I’ve filed this for a future enhancement: Remove unvalidated new accounts after expiry · Issue #4240 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sweet. Thanks, @asmecher …
Cheers, +A

Thanks to both of you!