Using OMP file upload for plugins

Hi,

I want to use the OMP file upload for plugins. I have created a form, the OMP file upload container is displayed and I can select a file. When clicking on “Start upload” however, control is not going back to my form class (function “uploadFile”) and thus the upload fails, the file’s name turns red. I assume “uploadUrl” is wrong (…/grid/settings/plugins/settings-plugin-grid/upload-file), it is contructed in PKPPageRouter, function “url”.

Is it possible to use the OMP file upload in plugins? Is there maybe an example I could use? Or is there a better way to construct the upload url?

best,
Carola

<script type="text/javascript">
    // Attach the file upload form handler.
    $(function() {ldelim}
        $('#uploadForm').pkpHandler(
            '$.pkp.controllers.form.FileUploadFormHandler',
            {ldelim}
                $uploader: $('#plupload'),
                uploaderOptions: {ldelim}
                    uploadUrl: '{url|escape:javascript op="uploadFile" fileSettingName=$fileSettingName fileType=$fileType escape=false}',
                    baseUrl: '{$baseUrl|escape:javascript}'
                {rdelim}
            {rdelim}
        );
    {rdelim});
</script>

<form id="uploadForm" class="pkp_form" action="{url op="saveFile" fileSettingName=$fileSettingName fileType=$fileType}" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="temporaryFileId" id="temporaryFileId" value="" />
    {fbvFormArea id="file"}
        {fbvFormSection title="common.file"}
            {include file="controllers/fileUploadContainer.tpl" id="plupload"}
        {/fbvFormSection}
    {/fbvFormArea}

{fbvFormButtons}
</form>

Hi @carola,

It’s totally fine to use the system upload feature in plugins. You can check that’s being used already by the users import plugin. Check the code at both plugins/importexport/users and lib/pkp/plugins/importexport/users to see how it is done.

I would guess that you didn’t implemented the upload method inside your plugin. Look at how the users plugin solves that: it defines the uploadUrl using a path and that request is handled by the plugin display method, checking the path for the action.

You can replicate that to get your plugin upload file working.

Cheers,
Bruno

Thanks a lot, Bruno!

I found it now, it’s

uploadUrl: ‘{plugin_url path="…"}’