User XML Plugin

I am trying to import users to OJS 3.0.2.0 and I am having a validation error “Element ‘users’: No matching global declaration available for the validation root.”. Would you please help me on this. Thanks!!

Hi @amengistu2,

Have you validated your XML using a tool like xmllint? Most XML editors will include a validator tool.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

No, I haven’t validate my XML. Thanks.

Hi @amengistu2,

I would suggest validating your XML before importing it to ensure that it’s correct.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I exported the xml file form old OJS version 2.4.8.1. Do I still have to validate the file.

Hi @amengistu2,

OJS 2.x and 3.x use different XML formats; you won’t be able to import an OJS 2.x XML file into OJS 3.x without adapting it. If your intention is to upgrade an OJS 2.x install, I’d suggest using the upgrade process documented in docs/UPGRADE.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I already upgraded to OJS 3.x and manually uploaded most of the articles and issues. Now i am trying to import the users. I validated the XML file as you suggested and I found a great deal of errors. Is there any workaround that you suggest on correcting the errors? Thanks.

Hi @amengistu2,

If you followed the upgrade process described in docs/UPGRADE, then all your users and content should have been migrated into your OJS3 install. What upgrade process did you follow? It sounds like you might’ve started with a clean OJS 3.x install instead of upgrading.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I did a clean install.

Hi @amengistu2,

I would suggest following the upgrade instructions instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, I will do that.