User Page takes forever to load OJS 3

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that the user list on my journal takes at least 3 full minutes to load (every time), it doesn’t happen with any other page, is there a reason for that or could it be my shared hosting?

Thanks a lot

Hi Alex,

What do you have your list items per page set as under Settings > Website > Appearance (scroll down to Lists)? If “Items per page” is set to 0, OJS loads the full user list at once which can take a long time to load if you have a lot of users.

1 Like

That is a fair point, it was set to 500… I lowered it and now it’s fine, thank a lot!

Hi @kaitlin,
I have got the same problem. Just have loading for User. The OJS latest version, Items per page is 25.
In error.log receive
[08-Nov-2019 17:50:26 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[08-Nov-2019 17:50:26 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[08-Nov-2019 17:50:28 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[08-Nov-2019 17:50:28 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[08-Nov-2019 17:50:28 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2: DB Error: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Provider increase Max join size a few time but the problem is still same. Other functions work fine. Any suggestion how to solve that and back the list of users?

1 Like

Hi @Lazar_Stosic, it sounds like the issue is your database setting for MAX_JOIN_SIZE - do you know what your provider has it set to? It sounds like they need to increase it further.

I would also suggest reviewing these other threads which you commented on, which discuss this in more detail: