User management for site administrators

After upgrading to OJS 3.0.2 (from 2.4.8, multi-journal, test upgrade) user management is not working anymore for the site administrator.

While management/settings/access#roles works, the tab management/settings/access#users remains empty, I dont see any user list at all. And even no possibility to do a ‘log in as’ another user.
Is there any way to work around this ?

Hi @Cloud8,

See e.g. After upgrading to OJS3 Administrator has few rights - #2 by asmecher.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I have already checked the message you mention, but even after inserting every groupid available (‘insert ignore into user_user_groups select user_group_id,1 from user_groups’, siteadmin has uid 1) it is impossible to see any user list.

Also, I have tried to identify some the part of the code where authorization is managed, but unfortunately I am not very familiar with the code base.

PR pkp/pkp-lib#440 enable hosted contexts settings wizard for admins by bozana · Pull Request #2810 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub also deals with admin rights, but was of no help.

Is there any reasonable way to become ‘root’ (at least for testing) ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hi @Cloud8,

Grant implicit Manager access to Adminstrators · Issue #440 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub is indeed the right issue, and it’s a work in progress (a quick fix for OJS 3.0.2 should be posted there soon).

If I’m following the issue correctly, once you’ve granted user groups (as you’ve done), the issue is that navigation links into each journal’s management area might not be easy to find if you’re working with a multi-journal site.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

thanks for the clarification !