Usage stats Not Updating (3.0.2)

I’ve noted that the metrics table stopped updating about 10 days ago. The Usage Statistics Plugin is recording usage to [files]/usageStats/usageEventLogs.

When the Scheduled Task runner (runScheduledTasks.php) runs, I’m not getting/logging any errors. I’m also not getting the metrics table updated and the usageEventLogs files don’t seem to be touched.

any chance you added a custom base_url setting to your config.inc.php ten days ago?

That value hasn’t changed since the site went live last fall.

Steve Michaels
Emerging Technologies Librarian

ph 616.392.8555 x187
101 East 13th Street, Holland MI 49423-3622
[image: WTS_logo_email.png]

Is your scheduled task processing done by cron or by the Acron plugin?

Do you still see new schedule task log files being created in files_dir udner scheduledTaskLogs ?

Scheduled Task processing is done by cron.

The logs do accumulate in scheduledTaskLogs. Further, if I move the files to stage and manually run {ojs_root}/tools/runScheduledTasks.php {ojs_root}/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageStats/scheduledTasks.xml, they do update.

What messages do you see in recent scheduledTaskLogs for the UsageStatistics process which correspond with cron runtimes?

php {ojs_root}/tools/runScheduledTasks.php generates no logs in scheduledTaskLogs and files are not processed.

Moving the files to stage and then running php {ojs_root}/tools/runScheduledTasks.php {ojs_root}/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageStats/scheduledTasks.xml generates:

[2017-03-07 10:45:29] [Notice] Task process started.
[2017-03-07 10:45:32] [Notice] File {ojs_files}/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20170305.log was processed and archived.
[2017-03-07 10:45:37] [Notice] File {ojs_files}/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20170306.log was processed and archived.
[2017-03-07 10:45:37] [Notice] Task process stopped.

Currently, a default cron run doesn’t automatically execute plugin crons, even if registered within OJS. (I view this as a bug.)

To execute the autostage loading, my cron includes the command:

php tools/runScheduledTasks.php plugins/generic/usageStats/scheduledTasksAutoStage.xml