Upload video contents to journal articles in OJS3.x?

I have uploaded videos as supplementary files. I want to embed the videos into article html. I want first uploading it as supplementary file, and then embedding that link to the supplementary file in the gallery. We do not want to use commercial streaming sites. Any guide to do this or anyone that have successfully done that?

Thanks in advance
Obi

Hi @obi,

HTML presentation has changed considerably between OJS 3.0.0/3.0.1 and OJS 3.0.2, so if possible, Iā€™d suggest working with OJS 3.0.2. OJS 3.x has the same capabilities for rewriting HTML as OJS 2.x did, i.e. you can create specially-formulated links in your HTML to refer to supplementary files, other articles, etc.

However, I think the best solution to this would be to create a plugin that permits the direct presentation of videos uploaded as articles. There are two plugins you could use as an example in OJS 3.0.2 ā€“ see plugins/generic/htmlArticleGalley and plugins/generic/pdfJsViewer. I would be happy to groom such a plugin for distribution in the Plugin Gallery, as I think others would benefit from this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

See: Uploading video contents to journal articles in OJS3.x? - #4 by asmecher