Upload Author Version grayed out

Hi all,

We are using OCS 2.3.6.0. We are using the abstract followed by full paper option, and authors are allowed to upload supplementary files.

The conference ended on 10/28/16, but we want to allow authors to upload edited versions of their papers for the proceedings. When I log in as one of the users who has submitted an abstract (invite presentation) and paper (revisions required), and I click on the active submission, the “upload author version” button is grayed out.

I tried extending the “end of conference” date to see if that was the cause of the issue, but it didn’t have any effect. There are no reviewers currently assigned to the paper (I thought that an outstanding reviewer might be the issue, at first, but that can’t be the case if there are no reviewers assigned).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Brad

Hi @Brad_Barnhorst,

Sorry for the delayed response!

You can see the conditions allowing/preventing upload implemented in the AuthorAction::mayEditPaper function. It’s code, but if you’re not familiar with PHP, you may still be able to pick the logic out of it. (If not, let me know and I can write it up in more detail.) Basically, I think the operative condition that you’re running into is near the end of the function: if the conference has ended, changes are not permitted. To change this behaviour would require editing that function (or temporarily extending the conference close date while edits are needed).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks! I should be able to pick out the logic.

Brad