Upgrade to 3.3.1-10 from 3.2 from 2.4.8.5

Just ran the upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.1-10 and it ran mostly fine until it got to the point below.

SQLSTATE[HY000] General Error 1005: Can’t Create table … see graphic below. I am way over my skates on this. The original database was create in OJS 2.2 and was upgraded through 2.4.8.5 until we jumped to a test server over the past week and upgraded to 3.2. Now we just upgraded to 3.3.1-10 and the upgrade (php tools/upgrade.php upgrade) failed even though (php tools/upgrade.php check) ran fine.

I think this one is beyond my primative skills! Thoughts?

Looks like this is another upgrade bug to deal with MyISAM file type and MariaDB. So the question is as follows: Do I need to convert all table types to InnoDB? See second graphic. Thanks!

• Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
  • Server type: MariaDB
  • Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
  • Server version: 5.5.63-MariaDB - MariaDB Server
  • Protocol version: 10
  • User: da_admin@localhost
  • Server charset: cp1252 West European (latin1)

Hi @radjr ,
If you check the How to Upgrade guide, for databases the engine should be InnoDB.

Greetings!

Thanks. With all due respect, the notice of InnoDB should be up in the pre-req section and not in the testing section. At that point it is all over by the crying! MariaDB is common! So for those who are upgrading, you need to go into MyPhpAdmin and change all the tables to InnoDB before the upgrade runs. Otherwise it blows up when tries to use Foreign Keys to link databases.

10. Test the Upgrade #

It’s important to test the site after an upgrade. Any core functions for your journals should be tested, as well as custom plugins or themes once they have been reinstalled.

The following is a short checklist that covers common use cases.

1. Reader interface
  • The homepage loads
  • The theme loads correctly
  • Published articles can be downloaded
  • Letters and text characters are displaying correctly
  • No timeouts or long delays
  • No broken links
  • Articles appear correctly in the search
  1. Database
  • Charset and collation on database, tables and fields
  • Database engine is innoDB for database and all tables (MariaDB/MySQL only)