Upgrade problem 3.1.1

Why, after upgrading to the last version, which I downloaded - a full package from link http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-3.1.1.tar.gz, my Journal looks like this:

Hi @Vladanoid,

1. Did you run upgrade for your database?
  2. Was upgrade complete?
  3. Did you clean your server and browser cache?
  4. What is the php version of your server?
  5. Anything in your php error_log?

Best regards,

Hi @anupent,
Answers to your questions are:

1. Yes
  2. Yes, but it still on the old version (Current version: 3.1.0.1 (January 26, 2018 - 02:32 PM)) not the new one that I want to upgrade (Latest version: 3.1.1.0 (April 4, 2018)) which I downloaded several times.
  3. Yes.
  4. PHP version: 5.6.30
  5. No.

Is it something with my database? The reason why I wanted to upgrade in the first place is the fact that authors are not able to submit their manuscripts anymore. This was working perfectly fine until few weeks ago. I checked my disk usage, but it is only 20% of my quota. Also, after upgrading to 3.1.0.1 I was not able to fill some fields in a masthead…
This is my 4th upgrade and it seems that with every new one I experience more problems.
Should I contact my hosting company? Maybe they changed something?

Most likely the upgrade was not complete.

Workout 1: Increase php timeout to maximum possible (180 - 300). Then, start from the previous working backup (database, files folder, public folder). Discard the current server files and database.

Workout 2: Use CLI for upgarde (Better if you have this access). Again, start with previously working database, files folder, and public folder.

Hi! @Vladanoid
I believe that it happens due to in the previous version you might be using any other theme (other than default) which you didn’t upload in the upgraded version.
You may try either by setting to default theme in the upgraded site or upload the theme which you used in the previous version (If that theme is compatible with the current OJS version).