Upgrade hangs after clicking upgrade button

Hello, I started upgrade of OJS 2.4.8.1 to OJS 3.0 and I have got the page in which I clicked button Upgrade Open Journal Systems. When I clicked it I see Waiting for localhost in left bottom corner and uipgrade hangs and nothing happens. please advise

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

The upgrade is quite involved and may legitimately take a long time to run. If you’re able to run it via the command-line upgrade tool, I’d recommend doing that – it’ll give you more information during the upgrade process about what it’s working on. It’s also not at risk of being interrupted by either Apache or PHP time limits.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Tea m

hello, I succeded to do that on my local machine., When I started to do upgrade on server I arrived to the point to click on Upgrade open journal Systems button and I have got Error 500 server error. DO you have any advise?

I succeeded after three attempts. :slight_smile:

Thanks on support

Hi @vvucic,

Glad to hear you got it going!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I have noticed that there are no back issues imported. The data from database is imported but issues and articles are not imported. Do you have any advise?
The path is correct
/home/smeitss/ojsdata
Note: smeitss is name of our account and it was exactly location as in OJS 2.4.8.1
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

When you re-attempted the upgrade, did you restore your database first? Make sure you delete the partially-upgraded database before reloading from dump.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello, vvucic could you please tell me step by step instructions for upgrade ojs, i try many time but not a success. in this time i am using OJS 2.3.4 and want to upgrade to 3.0.

Please firstly do upgarde to teh latest version in 2X brnach and after that contact me and I will let you know how to do upgrade to OJS 3.0.

Thanks