Upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.0

Hi,

Here is the php error log. I can able to view the files but html galley image isn’t working. Also the version still says 2.4.8.

Thanks for all your help

with regards

Latha

Hi @latha_ojs,

The log didn’t come through with your response – I believe the forum we use strips attachments.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry!. I couldn’t send the attachment. Here is the error where the process got stuck.

[15-Jun-2018 06:28:31 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

Hi @latha_ojs,

There have been several changes to the supplementary file migration process since OJS 3.1.0-0 was released – can you try upgrading to the latest release (currently 3.1.1-2) instead?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

Today I have tried to upgrade 3.1.1-2 again but got the same error.

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

Kindly help me resolve the issue and upgrade,

Thanks in advance

regards
Latha

Hi @latha_ojs,

Is this still during the [code: Installer Installer::provideSupplementaryFilesForReview] part of the upgrade?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I tried upgrading again with your recent version 3.1.1-2 but getting the same error. It stopped abruptly and getting the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

Attached is the error log.

I have tried 3.1.1-2 June release only

Hi @latha_ojs,

See my previous question about this: Upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.0 - #27 by asmecher

It sounds like you attached the log to your reply, but the forum software strips off attachments.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I don’t think “provideSupplementaryFilesForReview” is part of the process this time.

Here is the shortened error log file for you to check. I have removed the same type of errors so that i can send it to you. regards latha

[21-Jun-2018 07:08:38 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:08:39 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:08:39 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate() should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 118

[21-Jun-2018 07:08:39 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:08:44 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:03 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:03 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate() should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 118

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:03 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:04 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:17 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:17 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate() should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 118

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2656-7888-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2656/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2878-9199-1-RV.doc” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2878/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2483-6870-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2483/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2514-7019-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2514/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “1771-3628-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/1771/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2516-7025-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2516/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2520-7037-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2520/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2521-7041-1-RV.docx” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2521/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:09:23 America/Chicago] WARNING: Unable to find a match for “2509-6998-1-RV.jpg” in “/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/2509/”. Skipping this file.

[21-Jun-2018 07:15:44 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: copy(/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/1626/attachment/1626-1-3124-1-13-20141027.zip): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 159

[21-Jun-2018 07:15:44 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionFileDAODelegate.inc.php on line 123

[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: copy(/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/1709/submission/proof/1709-12-3409-1-10-20141222.docx): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 159

[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionFileDAODelegate.inc.php on line 112

[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: copy(/home/threatenedtaxa/files-ojs//journals/1//articles/1709/submission/review/1709-12–1-4-20141222.docx): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 159

[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

Hi @latha_ojs,

Are you using the command-line upgrade process? It should list upgrade steps as it performs them. In which step of the upgrade process does the message appear?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I used web based script

2. Web
If you do not have the PHP CLI installed, you can also upgrade by running a
web-based script. To do so:
- Edit config.inc.php and change "installed = On" to "installed = Off"
- Open a web browser to your OJS site; you should be redirected to the
installation and upgrade page
- Select the "Upgrade" link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Re-edit config.inc.php and change "installed = Off" back to
"installed = On"

Hi @latha_ojs,

Is it an option to use the command-line tool? It provides more debugging information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am trying again and again but getting the same error :[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029". It is during the [code: Installer Installer::provideSupplementaryFilesForReview] part of the upgrade?

Hi @latha_ojs,

Can you post the full output of the command-line upgrade process?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

For some reason I could not do command-line upgrade but tried web upgrade. Everything seems to work except the html galley images are not showing up. Please help me solve this. I am working on this for a long and could not able to upgrade.

with regards

Latha G. Ravikumar

Hi,

Please help me move from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.2.

I have tried many times and got stuck at : PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029". It is during the [code: Installer].

I am trying via localhost and now it seems everything is upgraded and I found a way to correct the html galley images. Now I have only the following 2 errors to rectify. Could you please let me know how to resolve these two?

When I tried to login I am getting "DB Error: Unknown column ‘Array’ in 'field list’” but when I refresh it works.
System Information still says : Current version: 2.4.8.1 (September 22, 2016 - 05:48 PM)

Awaiting for your valuable reply.

with regards

Latha

Hi @asmecher and @latha_ojs,

I’m having exactly the same problem. Upgrading from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1-2.

Any possible solution?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards,
Juan

Hello Alec,

People here didn’t like my prevoius upgrade from 2.4.7.1 to 3.0.1, and I’m trying again now to 3.1.1.2. This time I’m getting:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /ojs_temp/rc-3.1.1/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

At the [code: Installer Installer::provideSupplementaryFilesForReview] step. The full output of the upgrade is here:

https://portal.biblioteca.unesp.br/upgrade_messages_20180814.log

Do you have any hints?

Regards,

Oberdan

1 Like

Hi all,

Regarding:

Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /ojs_temp/rc-3.1.1/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

According to Change galley PDF published OJS 3.1.x - #8 by marc, reviewing the file permissions and re-running the upgrade corrected the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher